Momento



Stepping Stones

2.5"x 3"x 1.25"













Artist statement


Memento is a piece that is centered around a particular memory of the time I had to move to the United States for school and leave everything back home. For me, this was the stepping stone to the future that I was going to build while over here. To succeed from where we come from, you need to leave the island and go for something big, if not you're going to be stuck there.

So for me, this was a big move and a positive move. Therefore, these three pieces of wood here represent the steps that I had to take to come here, and the big piece in the middle symbolizes that barrier of leaving the island. Is going from taking small steps to making significant steps, without guidance.

The nails that were used in this piece represent the core of who I am and the part that holds everything together. Without this "nail" these steps would not be possible. 

Materials

- MDF board
- Nails
- Wood Varnish
- Wood gloss

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balsa Wood

ON LONGING